The White House

Friday, June 11, 2010

If John Madden host's a BBQ, you go!


We went to the annual John Madden KCBS BBQ at the stage. It's basically a work party for KCBS and all the vendors. It's hosted at the stage because John Madden has a segment on the show in the mornings. So, we chalk it up as a Goal Line work party for us as well. And seriously, when John Madden has a BBQ, he doesn't mess around. He brings in the most amazing cooks and they start the night before at the stage just cooking. Out back they have all these different meat stations of every kind of meat you can imagine. You go from station to station trying different things. Then, after you gorge yourself on that, you head inside for the catered meal. Oh my gosh, I hurt I ate so much. But I only do it once a year. You can't not have the whole Madden BBQ experience if it's presented to you, right? That's my reasoning anyway. Although, my favorite part is Virginia Madden's cakes. They are heavenly. I usually snag about 3 pieces and one is usually Jonathan's. This year he protected his piece. I'm lucky I got out without a fork stab wound to the wrist. Irresistable cake can bring out the dark side in people.
The photo of Annaliese up above was her outfit selection for the event. Not pictured is the purple and black Jack Skellington purse and feathery kid heals. She was a hit at the party. I shouldn't have doubted her fashion sense. I just wasn't seeing it.


The party set up. JOnathan had to set up the Madden viewing wall for the event this year. People were pretty impressed with the insanity. So cool were the center pieces. They were little BBQ's. The flowers were coming up through the grill. So creative! Here you can see Annaliese's purse and heals. It all just works.

We've gone to this event every year for the last 7 years. I don't know why we jumped in line to get photos with John last year. It's his boss, it's not like JOnathan doens't see him every day at work. Actually I do know. Jonathan's twin interns, also known as the remote concierges, were swindled to get in line because some girls wanted them in their photo along with John Madden. The twins are pretty cute. The line started by our table, so somehow we were pulled in line with them. Anyway, we were convinced to get a picture last year, and we decided to keep up the tradition and get one this year. Note my shirt totally blended in with the chroma key green backdrop. This year I remembered not to wear green. I love Madelyn's face. "We've been waiting in line awhile. You must be Santa."
Ananliese was pretty cute too. I pointed to John in our photo and asked, "Do you know who that is?" She replied, "Daddy's Boss." Smart cookie.
And on a different note, I think I like my hair better shorter. I think I'll cut it again.

5 comments:

Lindy Leigh said...

I love your blog!

Emily White said...

Thanks Lindy. I have finally come up with a blogger account. I'm slowly figuring this out. I need to make mine cool like yours. I'll eventually get there.

randomhousewife said...

LOL - your 40-yd-line shirt is cracking me up!! Sounds like a great party. (I think I prefer the shorter hair, too, but of course you always look great.) - Valency

Emily White said...

We had a few guys at today's party with chalkboard shirts on. Gotta avoid that popular chroma key green. And thanks for the vote for short! I feel much more confident about going in and having it hacked again.

Nicole VJ Allen said...

I agree: shorter hair was way cute!

Post a Comment