The White House

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

And she lived...


This is a scrapbook page from almost a year ago when Annaliese was 2 1/2 that deserves a highlight on this blog. This is before we moved when we were living in my mother's house. It reads:
You walked in the room and with a proud smile you said to me, "Mommy I colored on the piano!" I shot right up and said, "YOU DID!?" So proud of yourself you happily said, "Yes, I DID!" So I walked into the room where my mothers grand piano sat and I was overcome with a mix of pure horror and uncontrollable laughter. Something I've never experienced before and hopefully will never experience again. Horror that it was a Sharpie you used on this beautiful grand piano, and laughter at the adorable little faces you drew all over the white leather piano bench. Your graffitti had really evolved. It was actual faces instead of scribbles. So after expressing to you just how naughty this was, I handed you a sponge and told you that you had to help me scrub it off or you were going to bed. You scrubbed for a second, dropped the sponge and headed up to your room. I said, "Where are you going?" You said, "I can't get it off. I'm going to bed." I had to drag you back down. Luckily mommy got it off before your Nanny got back from vacation or it quite possibly could have been your last day on Earth.
scrapbook credits: Moody kit by Lauren Reid @ The Sweet Shoppe

2 comments:

Roxy said...

Oh.... I remember this well. We all had mini-heart attacks.

Emily White said...

As I was scrubbing I was saying to Annaliese, "We have to move now. We can't live here anymore! Nanny's not going to let us stay here because we mess up her nice things!"

Post a Comment